Friday, February 4, 2011

Back From the Bog. The Blog Bog. Hi Vlad.

So yeah, I'm probably going to start updating this freaking thing again. Long story short, I had a really drastic career change about, oh, one year ago exactly and then the Orioles had a terrible season and well, I got sort of bogged down. I blame Steve Trachsel, because there is no statute of limitations on his crimes.

I might disappear again. Probably not. For now, I will note that the Orioles have signed OF/DH Vladimir Guerrero to a one-year, eight million dollar deal. You may have already heard. I will note that Vlad's agent pulled the stunningly brilliant tactical move of claiming that Guerrero had an eight million dollar deal already in hand from A Mystery Team!!! once it became clear the Orioles were probably not going to go above the four and a half to five million dollar range. And to be fair, it appears he was right. The mystery team turned out to be the Baltimore Orioles.

As I've been beaten for like six hours on this news, you've probably already read your fill of how this really adds maybe a marginal half-win to the Orioles' lineup for a pricetag that could field an entire team of South American teenage prospects. That's fine. Anyone who knows the Orioles of the past decade knows the only way that eight million dollars was going anywhere near Latin America was if, well, it went to Vlad. Baltimore isn't really into that whole International Free Agency...thing. This might explain why they are so bad. The fact that they've had the second-to-fewest draft picks in the top three rounds of the draft over the past five years also might have something to do with it.

Either way, welcome aboard Kevin Gregg, J.J. Hardy, Mark Reynolds, Jeremy Accardo, the corpse of Justin Duchscherer, and yes, Vlad, you too -- I, for one, am more than ready for the Era of Pretty Decent, I Guess to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment